Wednesday, December 9, 2009

happy birthday to me hee hee!

so while today is actually my big "4-0", we celebrated it last weekend in santa fe at my favorite restaurant, el farol. el farol is the oldest restaurant in santa fe and serves lots of delicious tapas. my friends and i have been frequenting el farol for many years, i always have to visit it on my trips down. and while i wasn't feeling 100% (major cold going on), i was still able to rally and enjoy good food and great company. if you are ever in santa fe, you must head over to canyon road and el farol.




we tried 16 different tapas including the calamari, gambas (shrimp), chorizo, and patatas bravas. we drank new mexico's own gruet sparkling brut wine and a spanish rioja.


hey, not a bad looking group! thank you to my portland and new mexico friends that joined in the celebration. i had a really great time.


thank god they didn't even try to put 40 candles on my delicious tres leches birthday cake!

overall we had a wonderful trip and i took a lot of great pictures. here in the next few days, i will put some collages up of some of my favorites. i had forgotten just how beautiful new mexico can be, it was so crisp and clear and the colors really stood out. not to mention the amazing big blue sky. you know i still love you portland but i would love to see a little more blue sky up here please.

No comments:

Post a Comment