this morning i woke up so happy and began to reflect on some of the things that i love. i truly am fortunate to have a great life and live in a beautiful city. i started thinking of what i love and couldn't live without.
i always love reading in decorating magazines the column "10 things that i can't live without", that famous designers get to answer. i always dreamed that it would be cool to have my answers in a mgazine when i became a famous designer but i'm not patient enough to wait for that. so here it is, 10 things that i can't live without (in somewhat of a particular order):
1. my wonderful friends and family. way too many to show here but they know who they are. without you guys, i couldn't possibly be the person i am today. thank you all for your love and support.
2. my kitty, willie and my puppy lulu. they make everyday so much fun and i love their snuggles at night.
3. visiting new mexico. i know how lucky i am to have grown up in such a magical place and try to get back there whenever possible.
4. my frida and mary icons that people are always giving to me. i feel like they are my guardian angels.
5. coffee! i knew i was a true portlander when i began to crave coffee and we have so many wonderful roasters to choose from.
6. red wine, almost any kind will do but my absolute favorite when i get to splurge is brunello.
7. i could wear black wedge boots everyday if the weather permitted.
8. my chanel red lipstick in allure. i don't know what i will do if they ever discontinue this shade.
9. i simply cannot live without striped shirts. they are part of my weekend uniform and i've had friends threaten to not let me buy anymore but i still sneak them in.
10. i probably spend more time reading design blogs and magazines than i should but hey, it's work related, right? here are some of my favorites:
desire to inspire
so there they are for what it's worth. i'd love to hear about some of the things that you can't live without.