Wednesday, August 12, 2009

things that make me happy

this morning i woke up so happy and began to reflect on some of the things that i love. i truly am fortunate to have a great life and live in a beautiful city. i started thinking of what i love and couldn't live without.

i always love reading in decorating magazines the column "10 things that i can't live without", that famous designers get to answer. i always dreamed that it would be cool to have my answers in a mgazine when i became a famous designer but i'm not patient enough to wait for that. so here it is, 10 things that i can't live without (in somewhat of a particular order):

1. my wonderful friends and family. way too many to show here but they know who they are. without you guys, i couldn't possibly be the person i am today. thank you all for your love and support.


2. my kitty, willie and my puppy lulu. they make everyday so much fun and i love their snuggles at night.


3. visiting new mexico. i know how lucky i am to have grown up in such a magical place and try to get back there whenever possible.




4. my frida and mary icons that people are always giving to me. i feel like they are my guardian angels.


5. coffee! i knew i was a true portlander when i began to crave coffee and we have so many wonderful roasters to choose from.


6. red wine, almost any kind will do but my absolute favorite when i get to splurge is brunello.


7. i could wear black wedge boots everyday if the weather permitted.


8. my chanel red lipstick in allure. i don't know what i will do if they ever discontinue this shade.


9. i simply cannot live without striped shirts. they are part of my weekend uniform and i've had friends threaten to not let me buy anymore but i still sneak them in.

10. i probably spend more time reading design blogs and magazines than i should but hey, it's work related, right? here are some of my favorites:
decor8
desire to inspire
apartment therapy
design sponge

so there they are for what it's worth. i'd love to hear about some of the things that you can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment